The Never Ending Memeplex

Posted by : Rev. Ouabache | Wednesday, April 28, 2010 | Published in

As I've mentioned before, Discordianism is an unwieldy concept to try to explain to someone. Just like any other religion/school of philosophy it can't be summed up in fifty words or less. What we can do though is treat it like a massive memeplex with many subcategories beneath it. Sort of deconstruct it by connecting all of the smaller memes that it touches. I don't expect this to ever be a complete list; that would be impossible. However, I do plan to update it as needed and I'm definitely asking for suggestions since I know that I have not come in contact with all the different forms of Discordianism that is out there and there are a lot of things I know I will have forgotten. Expect this post to change several times.

Eris
Chaos
Discord
Strife
Original Snub
Golden apple
Greek mythology
Hot dog buns
Erisian calendar

Fnord
Conspiracy theories
JFK/Oswald/Kerry Thornley
Bureaucracy
Illuminati
Propaganda
Pentagon
Law of Fives
Pineal gland

Black Iron Prison
Militant Subjectivism
Iron bars
Shrapnel
Spag
Think for Yourself, Schmuck!
Eristic/Aneristic Illusions/Principles
Imposition of Order = Escalation of Chaos
Aftermath

Taoism in a clown suit
Zen koans
Sacred Chao
Catma
Five tons of flax
Creation/Destruction
Nonsense as salvation
Everyone is Jesus in Discordia
Starbuck's Pebbles
Hung Mung
Mu!

Chaos Magick
Paganism
Popes/Momes
Turkey curse
Curse of Greyface
Cabbages
Sigil
Bugs Bunny
KLF
Operation Mindfuck
GASM
Memebombs
Fake mustaches

(0) Comments

Leave a Response